Business Developer (NY/LA/LONDON/PARIS)
Soundcharts is the first market intelligence platform for the music industry. We change the way people work on a global level. The company aims to become the indispensable day to day workflow platform for all music professionals. Soundcharts already monitoring charts, social, airplay and playlists for over a Million artists.
After 20 months of BETA and R&D we launched officially in September 2016 and have grown from 0 to 250 customers all over the world in less than 8 months. Our customers use Soundcharts everyday to run their business, these include Universal Music France, Atlantic Records, Warner Chappell, XL recordings as well as over 200 other labels, managers, publishers, media and agents. In June 2017 Soundcharts won the MIDEM competition which is recognized as the top music/tech event in the world.
You will manage the whole sales cycle from prospection to closing:
- Generate your own list of prospects and leads
- Create and qualify new sales opportunities
- Reach out via phone and email to new potential customers
- Fill up your calendar with explanatory calls and qualified demos
- Negotiate directly with your prospects and close the deals
- Research relevant sales target (verticals, customer segments, etc) and gather key prospect information.
- Make outbound prospecting campaigns (emails, calls) to identify relevant leads.
- Book demos and meetings and close deals.
- Understand customer needs and buying cycle.
- Highlight Soundcharts's value proposition to raise curiosity and interest.
- Work closely with Marketing team, Product team, Customer Intelligence and your peers to accelerate sales cycle and reach to relevant leads we can turn into successful customers.
- Complete understanding of the music business is a must (Which job does what and how)
- Talented, ambitious, hustling person who wants to help the music industry move in the right direction
- Exceptional communication skills - extremely clear, direct, timely, and accurate communication.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - our team is hard working, self-motivated and ambitious.
- Well organized and autonomous, you can easily multitask and prioritize your work efficiently.
- Working in a fast growing startup with highly talented and young people
- Salary: competitive, with strong incentives on results
- Healthcare insurance
- Flights to Paris every 3 months to hangout with the Paris Team :)